Recipes and tips to help you live a healthier lifestyle
Updated: Nov 7, 2019
Eat healthier, live better for $2 a serving
This web page has some great starting points and ideas of how to cook on a budget
Here are some websites with recipes if you are on a budget:
If money isn't the issue, but you just need some inspiration:
Wait, you don't know how to cook? No problem, take a class from our good friends at
Some tricks we use to increase the health factor include:
- Adding flax oil. An easy ingredient to up the fiber in a dish without changing the flavor.
- If you want to bump the protein and fiber, add chia seeds.
- There are lots of protein powders out there you can add to meals to increase protein content. Pea protein is a great option.
- Switching from rice to quinoa is a good way to increase the dish's nutrition.
- A well spiced dish doesn't need as much salt or fat. In the international section of Jungle Jim's you can get large containers of spices for a fraction of the cost of most grocers. Make a trip once a year and stock up.